College Development Network engaged me to provide Visual Facilitation and Team Planning Training as part of their Emerging Leaders Course. I provided a whistle-stop tour in 1 day covering:
- Benefits of using live drawings
- Demonstrated how to plan with your team and truly involve them
- Introduced and taught the beginnings of their visual vocabulary
- Shared every day techniques to discover team member’s gifts
- Practical problem solving session that encourages and relies upon team involvement
The group were surprised at their abilities to produce live visuals and were very enthusiastic about taking it back and trying out together with their respective teams. A number of participants used the skills learned to plan out future projects, they reported that working in this way brought their teams together, developed working relationships and improved participation resulting in stronger plans and more ownership of tasks.
Three of the participants brought me into their respective colleges to work alongside them involving their team, and sometimes wider teams in strategic planning, designing a new website and exploring college values.
Again, feedback showed that staff involved in the meetings felt listened to and were motivated to take part, making plans and solving problems together. Many of the participants advised that it was a much better way to conduct meetings as it held their interest and they enjoyed it!